Sunday 2 September 2012

New beginnings.

As I have said in previous posts, I start a new job on Tuesday. I am now a teaching assistant at a Primary School just up the road from where I live. I'm gob-smacked I got the job to be honest because of my age and I don't have any teaching assistant experience, but they said they loved my enthusiasm and what they think I can bring to the school as I have mentioned that I want to get involved fully and start up lunch time & after school clubs. (Such a geek, I know!)

I'm incredibly nervous about starting work there, due to the fact that I find it so difficult to make new friends. I'm so awkward around new people and shy, so I won't know what to say or do. My first two days at work are going to be training days so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get to know people there and make friends, I really don't want to be the sad loser who eats lunch on her own in the staff room. (Been there, done that, NEVER again). Hopefully this job will also lead me to many more exciting opportunities as I do have aspirations of one day becoming a Primary School teacher as it has been a dream of mine ever since I was little.

I still also need to buy work appropriate clothes, my last job I was allowed to wear jeans and that's a no-no at schools, so I'm going out with my mum tomorrow to get a few bits and bobs. I have a 'Wishlist' of things I want but whether I'll be able to afford them or not is another thing. (Extremely poor right now is an understatement!)

Are any of you starting a new job/ college or school? Are you worried like me? Do you have any tips for me to not be so shy and make friends? Ha. Let me know, suggestions would be lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment